Ever find yourself fumbling with your keys looking for the right one? Follow these simple steps to make it easier to keep them straight, and add a little sparkle to your life. This is also a great, easy project for young crafters so they can add some personality to their first set of house keys.
- Glitter (fine or small)
- Mod Podge
- Lay out your keys on a piece of paper. Use one sheet per glitter color.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the top area of the keys. Do not apply to the area that goes into the lock.
- Sprinkle with glitter. Allow 10 minutes to set.
- Turn over and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- When top of key is completely covered, get rid of the extra glitter on the papers by shaking it back into its container or into the garbage.
- Seal the glitter with another coat of Mod Podge. Repeat with more coats to desired effect. It appears white at first, but will dry clear.
- When the final coat is dry, use a dry paint brush to clear away any glitter still in the grooves of your key.