Super Bowl season is on the horizon, which means you might be looking for the perfect recipe to bring to your viewing party. Chicken wings are a go-to option, but using the same old buffalo sauce recipe can get a little repetitive year after year. Instead of whipping up that sauce you always keep on reserve, try something new this year with one of these flavorful chicken wing recipes.
1. Baked parmesan garlic chicken wings
Parmesan and garlic are a match made in heaven, and Steamy Kitchen put together a delicious recipe that blends the two ingredients for a savory kick. You'll need:
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt. Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet and rub them with this mixture before baking for 20-25 minutes. In the meantime, mix the oil, basil, garlic, cheese and seasoning salt. When the chicken is done, toss the wings in the oil sauce. Mix together the blue cheese and mustard to make a dipping sauce and serve.
2. Sriracha chicken wings
If you can't give up spicy wings altogether, at least try them with this popular chili sauce. Roast or fry your chicken wings as you normally would, then Food and Wine magazine recommended tossing them with a sauce made with:
- 1/4 cup coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 3 limes.
3. Coca-Cola chicken wings
Yes, you read that right. According to Appetite for China, this recipe is a favorite of home cooks in China that results in a delicious caramelized flavor. You'll need:
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 scallions, chopped
- A few pinches of freshly ground black pepper.
Put the chicken wings in a bowl and pour half of the soy sauce on top. Mix until they're well-coated and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
Now heat a wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken wings until they're golden brown on each side but not cooked through, about 3 minutes each side.
Add in the rest of the soy sauce, sherry and Coke and bring the liquid to a simmer. Simmer the wings uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes until the liquid turns into a glaze. Add black pepper, then garnish with scallions.